Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Learn Believe Enjoy Achieve
We strive to understand and support the needs of the whole person. We want every pupil to aspire and achieve their best in all that they do. We want to close the gap and accelerate learning.
There are Six Principles of Nurture that underpin the education at Oakfield Short Stay School;
1. Children's learning is understood developmentally
2. The classroom offers a safe base
3. The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing
4. Language is a vital means of communication
5. All behaviour is communication
6. The importance of transition in children's lives
Ref: Lucas,S., Insley,K. and Buckland,G. (2006) Nurture Group Principles and Curriculum Guidelines Helping Children to Achieve, The Nurture Group Network