Learning Support Assistant/ Escort
Organisation: Leicestershire County Council
Working Hours: Flexible
Salary: £18,426 - Pro-Rata
Appointment Type: Casual
Location:OAKFIELD SHORT STAY SCHOOL, HOSPITAL LANE, BLABY, LEICESTERSHIRE, LE8 4FE
Closing date: ongoing - please contact the school
Learning Support Assistant / Escort - Zero Hours Contract
This is an exciting opportunity to start a rewarding career in education. We are looking for people to cover for absent learning support assistants who work with high needs pupils across a range of primary class groups. There are two shifts per day 7.00 – 12.00 & 12.00 – 17.00. The post involves travelling with children in the minibuses to or from school and the supporting children in their classrooms.
Oakfield Short Stay School is the pupil referral unit for Leicestershire and is situated on the outskirts of Blaby. The school educates children aged 5 -11 who have been or are at risk of being permanently excluded, due to social, emotional and mental health issues. The really rewarding part of our work is to reintegrate children back into mainstream schools and see them achieve the goals they are capable of. In September 2017 Oakfield Short Stay School was again graded as a Good school in every category.
What we are looking for:
Working closely with the class teachers and SENDCo in a supportive role and be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy working as part of a team and want the very best for our children.
There may be will opportunities to take advantage of Oakfield’s unique career structure to progress to Grade 8 and above.
The successful applicant will:
• Ensure the safety of our children to and from school
• Be able to support the class teacher to ensure children make excellent progress;
• Have high expectations and an unwavering belief in the potential of every child;
• Have a positive outlook and focus on progress and achievements;
• Want to make a difference to the lives of Leicestershire children;
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills;
• Be committed to working in partnership with teachers and parents
• Be a committed team player who enjoys working collaboratively;
• Be committed to their own professional development.
If you are interested, then contact Alison Siddons, the Head Teacher on 0116 2759150 to arrange a visit and informal interview.
Please submit your application for this vacancy via the link below.
To apply for any vacancies that may be available please visit either websites below:
East Midlands Shared Services (EMSS) is a public sector education jobsite which we use to recruit staff
National Recruitment Agency